Parenting means being creative, here is a list of 17 genius parenting hacks you might never have heard of, but for sure you won’t know how you lived without these! Enjoy
1. “Organize drawing supplies with a dish drainer.”
2. “Turn a bookshelf into a hanging wardrobe.”
3. “Help your kid climb into bed with a cookie sheet step.”
Kiddo not quite tall enough to climb into bed on their own? Wedge a cookie sheet under the mattress leaving only about four inches exposed. Voila! A stair!
4. “Trick the public restroom flush sensor by covering it with toilet paper.”
You know, in case the sound makes your kid scream with terror every time like it does my kid.
5. “Press small clothes with a flatiron.”
What better way to keep tiny shirts and suits freshly pressed?
6. “Trim kids’ bangs with nose-hair scissors.”
It is safer!
7. “Put the ketchup under the hot dog.”
Waaaaaaaay less mess.
8. “Flatten the toilet paper roll to slow its rotation.”
9. “Expand the waistband of your pre-pregnancy jeans with a ponytail holder.”
This also works if you’re just pregnant with a food baby.
10. “Freeze a sanitary pad to help heal after childbirth.”
This hack will make any new mom more comfortable.
11. “Reuse a peri bottle as a diaper sprayer.”
If you’re in the cloth diapering game, this one’s an on-the-go lifesaver.
12. “Put socks over footie pajamas to keep feet in place.”
13. “Replace shoelaces with elastic to turn lace-up shoes into slip-ons.”
Because waiting for a kid to tie their shoes can make the difference between being on time and missing an entire event.
14. “Sort breast-milk bottles in six-pack cartons.”
Simple Reduce! Reuse! Recycle!
15. “Use a bottle nipple to dispense medication.”
16. “Contain dirty tissues with a tissue box trash can.”
It’s like a jail for germs!
17. “Slide wooden puzzles into panty hose to keep the pieces in place.”