iPads To Help Kids In School
The world is moving faster than you think and if kids can be use iPads in schools then very soon we just might have kids driving their own special cars. Parents should not think they can monopolize all the advanced gadgets at home because the kids can do a couple of amazing things on them.
Our kids are exposed to the gadgets we use, one way or the other. They want to do the exact same thing mummy or daddy is doing but they can’t understand all the adult stuff. Not to worry, there are quite a number of fun but educational things kids can do with an iPad.
They can play games such as the Stock Market Game. Melissa Taylor’s daughter has invested in the movie company behind Hunger Games, Apple computer and Procter and Gamble. She uses her iPad at home to check her stock performance.
iPads are also being used by students in the classroom for learning purposes (of course, we in Nigeria know we have to wait a while before we can boast of such).
Educators find ways that technology can aid learning. For example, students are using iPads for literature circles using books on Kindle, iBooks, and Google Books. Presentation app, Prezi is making a big impact in classrooms, too. And, interactive whiteboards are gaining in popularity with apps like Screen Chomp and Show Me.
Karen Bosch shares how classrooms are using iPads for learning in an online slideshow with examples such as using the FaceJack app to create biography reports or retelling a story with the Puppet Pals apps. In another article, Mind/Shift shows us A Day in the Life of the iPad Classroom.
Parents, you probably want to know the best learning apps you can use with your kids at home, right?
- Here’s a list of math apps that offer math practice from teacher, Mr. Gleeson.
- Creative Can lists 30 iPad apps for science learning.
- Discovery Education has a mobile site for parents and teachers to find resources.
- Edudemic Magazine is an ipad magazine about education and technology.
- Parents and teachers can find some app ideas on Edshelf, a directory of digital tools for educators.
- Apps for learners with special needs.
- Educational iPad apps on Imagination Soup