Hello Mums! It is still the week of Love, and we are taking a trip to good old Italia, the home of all things pasta, and romance!! There are a million ways to have spaghetti but this classic recipe never gets old. You just can’t go wrong with this. This rich sauce will give your taste buds a kick. Let get right to it.
You May Also Like [How To Make Grilled Red Snapper]
What You Will Be Needing
- 500 grammsspaghetti
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 pcs onions
- 2 pcs garlic
- 550 gramms minced meat
- 2 cans plum tomatoes
- 8 pcs bay leaves
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 pcs bouillon cube
- 3 pcsrodo
- 80 gramms parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 pcs streaky bacon
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 pinches salt
- For the sauce firstly dice the garlic, 2 celery sticks, 1/4 cup parsley, onions, bacon and 1 rodo (optional) finely. Set aside.
- Put 2 spoons of olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat. Add in the chopped ingredients to fry for about 8 mins or until the vegetables are soft. Remember to keep stirring so they do not burn.
- Turn the heat up and add in the minced meat to cook for about 8 mins and keep stirring until meat is no longer pink.
- Add the plum tomatoes, bay leaves, oregano, 1 rodo sliced and stir. Use the spoon to break down the tomatoes. Crush in the stock cubes, add black pepper, salt and keep stirring.
- Cover sauce pan and leave sauce to simmer for about 45 mins or until sauce is well thickened. Keep checking and stirring the sauce occasionally.
- While the sauce cooks, boil your spaghetti for about 15 mins or until done.
- Drain the spaghetti, add into the sauce pan and stir. Alternatively, you can just put the sauce on the spaghetti when you serve.
- Serve hot with grated parmesan cheese and sliced rodo.
Also see [How to Make Shredded Beef Sauce Rice]
Thinking of where to get all the ingredients? Click here!