Whether you are isolated at home alone or with friends and family during these trying times; there’s always something that makes you feel better and brings everyone together and that’s good food! When people feel anxious, they tend to look for something to do and baking has always proven to be a go-to for most people.
Baking is a great way to reduce the coronavirus induced stress and anxiety this period says Dr. Mary McNaughton-Cassill; a clinical psychologist with a disaster stress management background. Stress baking, anxiety baking or procrastibaking means allowing yourself to be creative—adding flavor, changing color and forming shapes.
Here’ is a fun and healthy Blueberry Toast Loaf recipe to bake and enjoy with the family!
— 5 Ripe bananas
— 120g unsweetened plant-based yoghurt
— 1 tsp vanilla extract
— 195g wholemeal flour
— 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
— Baking powder
— 1 tsp ground cinnamon
— Pinch of salt
— 100g blueberries (Or any other berries of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Spray a 900g loaf tin with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper.
2. Peel the bananas, put them in a mixing bowl and mash until smooth. Add the yoghurt and vanilla extract to the bowl and stir to mix.
3. Put the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a separate bowl and stir to combine.
4. Now, blend the mixtures together. Sift the dry mix into the wet mix and fold to combine.
5. Add the blueberries and fold them into the batter.
6. Pour the batter into the loaf tin and evenly spread the surface of the batter with a spatula. Put the tin in the oven
7. Bake the loaf for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Take the loaf out of the oven and let it cool to room temperature.
Serve and Enjoy!! 🍰
Recipe Source: BOSH!