Our recipe for this week is Banana Pancake! This is a highly nutritious, delicious and irresistible meal. It can be taken as either a snack, for breakfast or that little get-together with family and friends.
Banana pancake is very easy to prepare with simple basic ingredients under 20 minuets! This delicious recipe is highly loved by kids and is sure to become your family’s favorite in no time!
— 2 Ripe or overipe Bananas
— Plain Flour or Wheat flour
— Raw Eggs
— Whole or Evaporated milk
— A pinch of Salt
— Water (can be substituted for milk)
— Baking powder or baking soda
— Vegetable oil (for greasing the pan)
1. Mash or blend the bananas until smooth.
2. Break the eggs into a wide bowl, add the milk, sugar, salt and mashed or blended bananas and mix together.
3. Gradually sift in the baking soda and flour and keep on whisking. The mixture would begin to thicken and look lumpy.
4. Add the water and continue stirring until the pancake batter is smooth with a runny consistency.
Leave the batter to rest for 15 minutes.
5. Pour a little oil on a pan, enough to grease the pan; spread the oil with a brush to grease the whole surface and heat up until hot.
6. Scoop up some of the pancake batter and pour into the hot pan.
7. Gently tilt the pan, so that the batter can coat the whole surface of the pan.
8. Cook the Pancake (on low heat) for a few seconds. Flip over and cook the other side.
Tip—Remember to Always grease the pan before making the rest.
Serve your delicious banana pancakes and Enjoy!
Source: Nigerian Food TV
SEE ALSO: Carrots Replaces Tomatoes – Recipe