- This event has passed.
Save the Date! ‘Talking boys’ – a parenting event
February 22 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
The emphasis of most gender based organisations is understandably on women because they qualify as disadvantaged on many levels, driven by traditional and cultural conservatism. There is however a very real danger that this will lead to boys and men being left behind.
We must raise the kind of men to face the challenges of the new age and drive equity within the social structure. We must ensure that men become their best selves and so positively impact the communities in which they live.
boys to MEN Foundation in collaboration with Lagos Mums, invites parents and guardians to the ‘Talking boys’ – a parenting event programme holding on Friday, February 22, 2019 from 9.00 a.m – 12.00 p.m at The Wheatbaker Hotel, Lagos.
Our speakers will discuss the parenting challenges of the modern age by addressing the issues below:
- Toxic masculinity – Societal and cultural precedents
- How are boys different? What makes a man?
- Understanding ‘masculinities’ as a gender concept
- Reversing negative trends – what can parents do?
- Fatherhood: what fathers bring to parenting boys
- Need help, Get help! Counselling & Therapy
There will be a lot to take away as you commit to raising boys and men of value!
Join us… Click this link to complete the registration form and pay the programme fee of N15,000.00