Our recipe of the week is this delicious Chicken Pepper Soup. This can be your treat to make your mum feel special on Mother’s Day. It can be served with rice, potatoes, spaghetti, plantain or any other accompaniment of your choice. You can prepare it together as a family. Celebrate your Mum with this delicious treat! 😋
• To Marinate:
— Nigerian pepper soup spice
— Habanero peppers i.e. ata-rodo
— Uziza i.e. piper guineense
— Garlic clove(grated)
— Seasoning Cubes
— salt to taste
• For Pepper Soup:
— Nigerian pepper soup spices
— Salt to taste
— Grinded crayfish
— Utazi i.e. gongronema latifolium.
— Olive or vegetable oil(optional)
1. Cut chicken into desired pieces. Wash and pat dry.
2. Blend all the marinating ingredients together into a smooth paste.
3. Season the chicken with salt and toss with the blended paste.
4. Cover and let it sit for 30minutes to 12 hours.
5. After marinating, pour the chicken into a soup pot along with enough water to cook it.
6. Season it with the remaining pepper soup spices and cook until meat is tender(you may use a slow cooker)
7. Pour in all your remaining seasoning with enough water and slow cook on high for about 4 hours.
8. Once the meat is tender, add the utazi, crayfish and oil. Then stir and cook.
Serve your delicious chicken Pepper soup with freshly chopped basil and any side dish of your choice!!
Source: Nigerian Lazy Chef
SEE ALSO: Top 5 Kitchen Must Haves In 2020