LagosMums interviewed Rosemary Onyebigwa the Founder of Thrive Women Solutions (TWS); a social enterprise dedicated to helping women empower themselves and others to live financially independent and emotionally healthy lives. Thrive Women Conference will take place on the 15th of November at the Civic Centre Victoria Island Lagos. Read as she tells us more about herself and the conference.
Briefly introduce yourself
I am Rosemary Onyebigwa, a mother, wife, daughter, friend and a social entrepreneur. I’m passionate about excellent service delivery and have keen interest in seeing the best in people and motivating them to be all they are capable of becoming. I strongly believe in the immense power and influence that nature has endowed women with and that as women we can collectively and positively use these gifts for the overall good of womanhood and humanity as a whole. I’m married with 3 children and a pet dog.
Tell us about Thrive Women Solutions and the reason behind its inception.
Thrive Women Solutions (TWS) is a social enterprise dedicated to helping women empower themselves and others to live financially independent and emotionally healthy lives. TWS was born out of a strong desire to assist women empower, discover and love themselves throughout the various seasonal cycles of their lives by supporting their economic growth and emotional wellbeing, hence living more fulfilling and rewarding lives for themselves, families and their communities.
This desire to create platforms to help other women, emanated from personal experiences at different stages of my life‘s growth and the promise I made to myself during those difficult and often trying times (where I had no one to turn to but God), was that I will always be there for other women even if it’s just providing a listening ear and be a source of comfort.
When I tell my friends about TWS, they usually say you’ve always done this on a personal level TWS is long overdue. I also understand from personal experience the immense value women who have financial and emotional empowerment offer to the Socio economic and political development of their families, communities and humanity as a whole and to encourage and facilitate the positive use of their influence.
Who should attend the Thrive Women Conference and what should we expect?
Thrive Women conference is one of the platforms used by Thrive Women Solutions to enlighten, empower and encourage women to become more for themselves their families and their communities and in the process help other women to also become more because by nature we are natural influencers beyond our wildest imagination.
This year’s theme is “The Nigerian Woman As An Economic and Socio Political Powerhouse” and it emphasizes the huge value and role Nigerian Women Play in our nation’s economic and sociopolitical sphere. Thrive Women Conference is a one day conference with a target audience of female entrepreneurs and career women who are looking for residual income.
It’s taking place on the 15th of November 2018 at The Civic Centre, Victoria Island Lagos, registration begins at 8am while conference starts at 9am prompt. Participants can expect to have Aha moments and get inspiration to take on the next necessary steps.
Registration starts at 8am while the Conference starts at 9am prompt. Online registration is on www.thrive.org.ng/register upon registration the bank details for the conference fee payment will show as well as a mail sent to your mailbox acknowledging the commencement of your registration. Upon payment, delegates are required to send evidence of payment to [email protected] and a receipt will be sent to them. Participants can make payment on that day at the venue. The schedule for the conference is as follows:
- Opening ceremony:
- Keynote Speaker: The Nigerian Woman as an Economic and Socio-political Powerhouse
- 1st Guest Speaker: The Role of women in the future of democracy and stability in Nigeria – Vis a Vis 2019 elections: by Dr. Mrs Abiola Akiode-Afolabi, Chairperson Transition Monitoring Group
- 2nd Guest Speaker “The Dignity and impact of Womanhood in Nigeria’s Economic and Socio-political Growth” By Mrs Mavi Isibor Founder Poise Nigeria.
- 1st Session: Family, Marriage and Parenting
- Panelists includes:
- Session Chair: Mrs. May Omiyi
- Career, family and self: Finding true balance: By Mrs. Amina Oyagbola Founder WISCAR
- “Rejuvenating and Sustaining Romance in Marriage: A Man’s Perspective” By Mr. Onimisi Adaba Founder The Men’s Room
- 21st Century tools for 21st century Menace plaguing our children: Drug abuse, social media, pornography: Mrs. Charity Ladi Babatunde Founder Rave ETAL
- 2nd Session: Self Discovery and Staying Well
- Session Chair: Mrs. Funke Treasure
- Dare to follow your Dream: Breaking out of the Mold: By Mrs. Kofo Akinkugbe MD SecureID Group
- Finding and Loving Me: Tools for self-discovery and loving the woman in the mirror Ms. Chinny Okoye founder The Woman International (TWI)
- Staying Sane in an insane world: Dr. Mrs Maymunnah Kadiri Principal Consultant Pinnacle Medical Services
- LUNCH BREAK
- 3rd Session
- Entrepreneurship and Finance
- Session Chair: Ms. Ronke Onadeko MD DeltR Energy
- Finance for startups and women in business; Getting real access to finance: this session is open for sponsorship from financial institutions
- Thriving within the good, the bad and the ugly: Overcoming entrepreneurial challenges in Nigeria Dr. Henrietta Onwuegbuzie Director Owner Manager :Programme Lagos Business School
- How to Grow your Savings and Safely Invest for your Future by Mrs. Oluwatoyin Sanni Group CEO Emerging Africa Capital
- Closing Session and Raffle draw 4pm
Tell us what you love about #LagosMums and how #LagosMums has been of help/use to you.
Ha! What’s there not to love about Lagosmums? If am looking for the right summer school for my child, interesting articles on parenting, where to take my kids to during weekends, or a delicious recipe, it’s got to be Lagosmums! Lagosmums has grown over the years to become the naija mum’s go to resource for information on Parenting, pregnancy, education, work life balance along with delicious recipes, I love the fact that it keeps things simple, entertaining and educating constantly evolving to improve its content and adding value to its clients.
Provide contact details for Thrive Women Solutions.
Thrive Women Solutions can be reached via the following mediais on 0903 608 9779, [email protected] , Facebook https://www.facebook.com/thrivenaijawomen/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thrivewomenng/
Ensure you attend!