Our recipe of the week is Tuna Sandwich for Kids. Sandwiches are delicious easy-to-prepare breakfast meal ideas especially for the kids. The amazing thing about sandwiches is that you can make them in interesting ways and with lovely ingredients like eggs, tuna, chicken and cheese. This Nigerian Tuna Sandwich recipe from the child nutrition guru AugustSecrets will leave your kids licking their lips.
It contains extra nutritious ingredients than the regular sandwich and you would love them!
- 4 slices bread
- 2 pieces sardine fish or 3 tablespoons tuna fish
- Some onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Augustsecrets Fish powder
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- A pinch of dried or cayenne pepper (if the kids can tolerate)
- 1 tablespoon Baked Beans (optional)
- Some slices of lettuce (if available)
1. Mix and mash all the ingredients (except the lettuce) in a bowl
2. Spread the mix on a slice of bread, lay the lettuce on it and cover with another slice of bread properly.
3. Slice the bread in the ideal size and serve with smoothies, tea or juice.
I slice mine diagonally into 4 to make it easier for the kids to munch on.
If the kids hate lettuce, it would be perfect idea to sprinkle the fish powder into the mix to create a nutrient-dense combination.
Please drop your comments, questions
Want more healthy meals for your family? Download a meal timetable here