Hi Mums! Let’s try something new. Our recipe of the week is WaterLeaf Stew. Water Leaf Stew is a special pot of stew made with the great infusion of fresh waterleaf.
This recipe was gotten from the food master herself – Ify(aka Ify’s Kitchen). Ify is a food enthusiast with the most amazing recipe and does not stall in sharing her tips and kitchen secrets. See the recipe for Water Leaf Stew below.
Read other Water Leaf Recipe[Recipe of the week – Edikaikong: ]
- 3 bunches of Waterleaf
- Palm Oil
- 2 medium Onion
- Fresh Tomatoes and Pepper
- Seasoning Cubes
- 1kg (beef/kpomo/shaki/goat meat) – of your choice
- 2 tablespoons crayfish
- Smoked Fish
- Salt to taste
1. You need to pick the waterleaf flowers away. Then wash thorough – twice and slice the leaves. Keep chopped leaves aside for use later.
2. Boil your meat and all varieties of you intend to use in this stew. Boil with minimal water. Put that aside too.
3. Blend your fresh tomatoes, pepper, and some onions into a paste.
4. Pour your palm oil a cooking pot. Add sliced onions. Let it simmer for 3 minutes. Then add your blended paste of tomatoes. pepper and onions. Stir and let it cook for 7 minutes.
5. Then you add the crayfish, smoked fish varieties and meat varieties and let them boil till they soften, and you can taste their flavor in the stew.
5. Add seasoning powder and salt until you get the intensity that you want.
6. Stir and let it boil, till you can smell and also taste the perfect flavor of your stew.
7. At this point, add your chopped waterleaf to the stew.
8. Stir in properly to the stew and cook for 4 minutes.
9. Dish your Waterleaf stew and serve hot – preferably with Rice.