The Summer holiday is nearly over and soon your children will be going back to school. Packing for the whole school year can be overwhelming and stressful as you try to remember everything your child might need especially at the boarding school. This is the time to compile a shopping list for the necessary items your child will need to resume the new school session.
For children who will be Starting/Returning to Boarding school, here’s a list of items needed.
Provided in Dormitory Room
- Bed and Mattress
- Student Desk and Chair
- Chest of Drawers
- Individual Lockers
- Window Blinds
- Trash Can
- Clothing Items (find out school events your child might need casual clothes for and also find out what clothing items are accepted by the school)
- Medications (such as Pain reliever, Cough drops, Band-aids, Throat lozenges, Cold medication, etc.)
- Bedspread or Comforter
- Laundry Bag
- Laundry Supplies
- Toiletry Items
- Towels & Washcloths
- Alarm Clock
- Cloth hangers
- Desk Lamp
- Power Strip with fuse switch
- School Supplies (pencils, biros, books, textbooks, etc)
- Locks for wardrobe/lockers and boxes
- Water Bottle
- Eating Utensils (plate, cup, fork, spoon, etc.)
To be better prepared, it’s advisable to ask the school for a list of what would be required in the new session.
Check out Jumia for your Boarding School Shopping.