Praying for our Children
God’s word exists and we can rightfully claim and declare them over our children. As parents there are various methods we use to positively train our children and mould them into the individuals they should be. Spiritual tools include using the word to make declarations into the lives of our children and their futures. The word of God is alive and powerful.
1. Our children are called to be something even from the womb; our children are born to become something great in his or her life.
Jeremiah 1:5 “I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations”.
2. Our children are for signs and wonders; they were born to do great things.
Isaiah 8:18 “Behold…the children who, the Lord hath given me are for signs and for wonders”
3. Our children are promised long life; they will not die young but will live.
Isaiah 65:20 “No longer will babies die when only a few days old. No longer will adults die before they have lived a full life”
4. Our children and ourselves are blessed.
Isaiah 65:23 “For they are people blessed by the Lord, and their children too will be blessed”
5. Our children will grow in wisdom and stature (like Jesus did).
Luke 2:52 “(our children will grow)…in wisdom and in stature and in favor with God and all the people”
6. Our children will flourish and have promising futures.
Psalm 128:3 “..our children around (our) table will be as fresh and promising as young olive shoots” (MSG)
7. Our children will have the spirit of God in them.
Isaiah 11:2 “The spirit of the Lord will rest on him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and the fear of the Lord”
8. Our children will not beg.
Psalm 37:25 “…I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread”
9. Our children will worship him, (as parents we must encourage our children to worship God).
Matthew 21:16 “….Jesus replied, haven’t you ever read the scriptures? For they say. You have taught children and infants to give you praise”
10. God will always answer and care for our children.
Matthew 18:10 “Beware that you don’t look down on any of these little ones. …their angels are always in the presence of my heavenly father”
11. Our children have access to God and to the kingdom.
Matthew 10:14”let the children come to me. Don’t stop them! For the kingdom of God belongs to (them)”
12. We have the promise of the Holy Spirit guiding our children and assuring them salvation.
2 Timothy 3:15 “You have been taught the Holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus.
13. Our children will have the encouragement to follow and obey God.
Matthew 11:30 “for my yoke is easy to bear and the burden I give you is light”
*** Use the scriptures as it applies to you, use the scriptures as prayer points targeted at your children*** NLT version used except where specified.