The recipe this week shows you how to make toasted puff puff aka healthy puff puff.
If you are one of those people who squeeze out the oil in puff puff and avoid it because of all the oil, then you will enjoy this recipe. The recipe this week on how to make a healthy version of the traditional and usually oily puff puff will be a welcome alternative for puff puff lovers.
- 270g self-rising flour/whole wheat flour
- 7g fast active dry yeast
- 270ml cup of warm water
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg/vanilla or any flavouring of choice
- Small pinch of salt
Method for making Toasted Puff Puff
- Mix the flour, salt, part of the sugar in a bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix warm water, yeast, the remaining sugar and flavour of choice together.
- Add the flour mixture to the warm water mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Cover the mixture with a napkin and keep in a cool place (room temperature) for 8 minutes. You can keep it in the microwave.
- Grease the sandwich maker with oil (use a paper towel to dampen the upper and lower part of the toaster (in the sandwich maker) with oil)
- Pour the batter on the toaster and use the spoon to spread it.
- Cover the toaster and leave for about 2 minutes (you can keep checking).
Enjoy your toasted puff puff which is a healthy alternative to the otherwise greasy snack.
Buy your sandwich maker here
You can use the same method for Akara and Pancakes.
Get other Recipes Like Agbalumo Juice Here