The recipe this week is the African cherry also known as Agbalumo juice drink. Agbalumo is in season now and a good time to try this. The other day one of my children asked me why we cannot make fruits available all year round…Do you have an answer? In the meantime prepare this drink for the family.
- 3 Agbalumos
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 3 Scent leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger powder
- A tablespoon of Sugar
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon Angostura Bitters (substitute with any other bitters)
- Wash and peel your agbalumo fruits scraping the seeds and the skin for all the elements of the fruit into a bowl.
- In a blender, pour in the scrapings, scent leaf, honey, sugar, ginger powder and water.
- Blend till smooth. Pour over a sieve into a bowl or jug to get the pulp out of your drink.
- Stir in the angostura bitters and at this point and serve your agbalumo juice with ice.
Hope you try it and let us know if you enjoy it.
This recipe was modified from Afrolems.com