Our recipe this week is Designer Rice! If you have been looking for something new to “WOW” your family or a different way to make rice, then this is IT! It is fresh, different and delicious! Why is it called designer rice? It is made with the absolutely delicious Ayamase also known as Designer stew, so you know you are in for a treat. If you don’t know how to prepare Ayamase, click here for the Recipe. Enjoy this recipe by Sisiyemmie.
- 3 Cups Parboiled Rice
- 4 Big Green Bell Peppers
- 1/2 Green and 1/2 Red Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1 Red Onion chopped, 1 Red Onion Blended with 4 Green Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp Cameroun Pepper
- Salt to taste [according to your preference]
- Seasoning Cube [according to your preference]
- 1/4 Cup Palm Oil, Bleached
- Stir fry beef, fried
- Halve Green Bell Peppers and place in the oven to roast for 10 minutes, Also halves an onion and place in the oven (see video below)
- Take out and peel the skin of the bell peppers to remove the brown parts
- Blend Roasted Onion and Pepper till smooth
- Add palm oil in a pot, cover and allow to bleach for 8 – 10 minutes (the colour will go from red to golden, just like vegetable oil and it will have a distinctive aroma)
- Allow palm oil to cook, add onions, sauté.
- Add blended pepper and allow to fry for 15 minutes (ill it becomes clumpy and the oil separates from the pepper
- In another pan, fry stir fry beef and drain, then add to the pepper mixture
- Add rice to the sauce, combine properly and cover the pot. The rice still needs to cook a bit because it was only parboiled. So, reduce the heat, and let the steam do the work for 7 minutes.
- After cooked, add sliced bell peppers and mix together for a rich, vibrant colour and flavour.