Hey mums, our recipe this week is Native Jollof Rice. Popularly known as concoction rice, it is quite similar to our very own Jollof Rice, however, it offers unique traditional flavors with locust beans and other native ingredients (we can say it is Jollof Rice as our grandmothers made it in those days)
Long grain rice 4 cups
Dry prawn (soaked in warm water) 1/2 cup
Fresh pepper (chopped) 8 pcs
Locust beans 1 wrap
MAGGI Naija Pot 3 cubes
Crayfish (rough blend) 1 cup
Scent leaves (Basil) 1 bunch
Smoked chicken (chopped) 1/2 of a whole
Water or meat stock 8 cups
Onions (chopped) 1 big
- Wash rice with warm water until clear, then drain. Set aside
- Put water or stock in a clean pot then bring to boil
- Add fresh pepper, MAGGI Naija Pot, prawns, crayfish, and Locust beans.
- Bring to a boil, then add in the rice. Reduce the heat and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the smoked chicken and fresh pepper. Stir. Add basil and then allow to simmer until it’s soft and cooked.