Our recipe for this week is Gizzapotatododo; it is a wonderful recipe to prepare and enjoy with the family this weekend. From its name, you can almost tell, it is a wonderful combination of Gizzard, Sweet Potatoes, and Sweet Plantain; a sweet delicacy for the family! It is a wonderful a deliciously rare recipe, absolute deliciousness I must say. You know we always aim for easy to cook, and deliciously sumptuous recipes, well here is it-The Gizpotatododo recipe! It is a great meal for kids and adults at any time of the day!
Did you miss our recipe for last week? No worries, here is a recipe on how to make Yaji Spiced Olives. Enjoy!
What you will need
- 3 big Sweet Potatoes
- 2 ripe Plantain
- 500g gizzard
- Red Bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree (optional)
- Salt and seasoning
- Freshly ground ginger or powder
- Freshly ground garlic or powder
- Coconut or Vegetable oil to fry
1. Dice gizzards, season, and boil with salt and choice of seasonings till soft. Set aside
2. Dice plantains, boiled gizzard, and potatoes and fry in a saucepan. Drain on a paper towel and pour in a bowl
3. Now prepare peppers and 1/2 the onions and blend roughly in a food processor or blender, then place a saucepan on the heat with 3 tablespoons of oil.
4. Once the oil is a bit hot, slice the other 1/2 of the onions into the oil and pour the blended peppers, then stir and allow to ‘fry’ for some minutes.
5. After that is done, pour in the fried potatoes, gizzard, and plantain and allow all to incorporate together.
6. Feel free to garnish with sliced peppers, onions and check the taste if more salt is needed. Cover for 2 more minutes under low heat.
Your Gizzapotatododo recipe is ready to eat! Serve warm as a snack, brunch, or lunch for everyone in the family.
Getting your children to eat nutritious, well-balanced meals is not always easy. This back to school meal timetable will make meal planning easier.