Hi Mums! Our recipe of the week is Yaji Spiced Olives. Why olives? Olives are a great source of Iron which help with haemoglobin formation, they also help with stomach ulcers, cardiovascular health and are a great antioxidant. This explains why almost every restaurant Lagos, serves olives with their salad or as a side in a buffet.
If you’re looking to serve healthy snacks and sides that are delicious for the family then this is the perfect recipe.
- 2 cups of Black olives
- Two Tablespoons of Yaji Spice
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoon of Chopped Parsley
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Salt
1. Crush your garlic cloves in a bowl and set aside.
2. Chop your scotch bonnet peppers and parsley
3. Mix your garlic, pepper, parsley, black pepper, yaji spice, cumin and salt
4. Stir in your black olives in the mix and pour in your balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
5. Transfer to a Jar and allow to marinate for 3-8 hours so that the spices will be infused in the olives.
6. Serve on its own or with Garlic Bread.