Hey Mums, if you attended our LagosMums Parenting Conference and Exhibition 2017 that held last-week Saturday at Eko hotel, VI, then you would know that MAGGI did us good with sumptuos bowls of jollof rice!! I mean FREE o, and guess what it was DELICIOUS!!
So while you were eating it, you wondered how they achieved such deliciousness, well think not far, here is one of the recipes from the event.
Long grain rice-4 cups
Dry prawn (soaked in warm water)- 1/2 cup
Fresh pepper (chopped)- 8 pcs
MAGGI cray fish- 2 tablets
Banga spice- 1 tablespoon
Crayfish- 1 cup
Palm nut cream (Banga)- 4 cooking spoons
Scent leaves (Basil)- 1 bunch
Smoked chicken (chopped)- 1/2 of a whole
Wateror meat stock- 8 cups
Onions (chopped)- 1 big
- Wash rice with warm water until clear,then drain.
- In a clean pot, add palm nut cream (Banga) and water or stock, then bring to a boil
- Once the oi starts to separate from the cream, add onion, fresh pepper, MAGGI cray fish, prawns, crayfish, and Banga spices.
- Bring to boil to boil, then add in the rice. Reduce the heat and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add the smoked chicken and fresh pepper. Stir. Add basil and then allow to simmer until it’s soft and cooked.