It should not be surprising that our recipe this week is Mango Fish Curry. Mangoes are in season!! And we are excited about it. The beauty of this Mango Fish Curry dish is that you can make this sauce with any of the mangoes in season. It is very quick to make and it can quickly become a staple in your home.
Mango fish curry can be eaten with rice, couscous, bulgur, potatoes and anything else you like. This is one dish that there is no wrong way to make it and even if you make a mistake or don’t have one of the ingredients. Note that key ingredients are mango, fish, curry and coconut milk.
[ You need this Mango-Lemon Iced Tea for this present unbearable hot weather ]
- 200g of White Fish (or any other protein)
- 1/2 cup of Blended Mango
- 1 Tablespoon of Curry
- 2 blades of Lemon Grass
- A half cup of Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon of Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Butter (Melted)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 1/4 bulb of Onions (Sliced)
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Thyme
- A handful of Chopped Basil
1. Season your fish with black pepper and seasoning cube and set aside.
2. Heat up your butter and brown the fish in the butter.
3. In a separate pot, pour in your blended mango, coconut milk, garlic, onion, scotch bonnet pepper, thyme, curry powder, seasoning cube and the butter you fried the fish in.
4. Allow to boil then add your lemongrass and chopped basil.
5. Allow to simmer till the sauce thickens.
6. Take out your lemon grass blades and add your fish to the sauce.
7. Serve with Rice or any other carbohydrate of choice.