Our recipe this week is the yummy and delicious Plantain cookies. This is yet another way to enjoy our all-time favourite; plantain. As the kids are back in school, this is an easy to bake wonder that they can have as snacks or as a light breakfast with a cup of milk. We usually say no to cookies for our kids, but these are healthy and homemade.
If you have a sweet tooth, you can definitely splurge a little with the sugar or use honey or blended dates to sweeten it up a bit more. If you have some dried fruits, this would be the perfect cookie to add it to. Hope you enjoy it.
Download a free meal timetable for the family
- One finger of ripe Plantain
- An Egg
- 1/2 cup of All-purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 cup of Oat Flour
- 1/8 cup of Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Cinnamon Powder (Optional)
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 1 Tablespoon of Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 cup of raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup of chocolate pieces (optional)
1. Peel and mash the plantain and set aside.
2. Whisk the egg with the milk, oil and sugar and set aside.
3. In a blender or food processor, combine the mashed plantain and egg mixture and blend till properly combined.
4. Pour the mix into a bowl and sprinkle the cinnamon powder.
5. Slowly add the all-purpose flour till completely incorporated and not lumpy.
6. Then slowly add the oat flour till everything is combined and thick.
7. Heat up your oven to 350 F
8. On a greased pan or parchment paper, oil up your spoon and scoop the mix onto the pan and flatten it.
9. Add your raisins and chocolate pieces and place in the oven to bake.
10. Bake for about 20-25 minutes and bring out to cool.
11. Serve your plantain cookies with tea or any beverage of choice.