Our recipe of the week is this sumptuous and healthy Vegetable Coconut Rice. Vegetable Coconut Rice is a lunch delight for everybody especially children. It is quite delicious, different from the norm and it is a good one to tweak for children who shy away from Vegetables. Enjoy this vegetable coconut rice with chicken recipe!
Download a meal timetable for the family
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup finely diced onion
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 cups long-grain basmati rice (washed and drained)
- 1 tblsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp ground dry yellow pepper
- 2 cup coconut milk
- 3 cups of water
- 3 chili
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- Parsley or mint leaves for garnish
- Spring onions for garnish
- Seasoning cubes / salt to taste
1. Put coconut oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion, pounded garlic, ginger and cook for about five minutes until softened and slightly browned.
2. Add rice, seasoning, pepper, ginger and stir to fry for a few minutes, coating the rice well with the mix.
3. Add coconut milk and water and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook on low heat andcover well.
4. Cook for 20 minutes add all the vegetables, Tuck in with foil and cover properly. Allow to cook for 5-10 minutes on low heat and turn off heat. Do not open the pot’s lid
5. Allow the rice to rest for 5 minutes, Fluff with a fork and stir in the vegetables.
6. Serve with spicy chicken well garnished with sprinkles of sesame and a squish of lemon juice.