Pasta is highly accepted especially among kids. Meatballs are a delight and this time we chose cream crackers over bread crumbs to give it a scrumptious taste. Thinking of a meal for the kids? Here you go!
The taste of these meatballs are just heavenly.
500 g minced meat
12 pcs cream crackers
3 tbsps vegetable oil
2 pcs garlic
1 bunch basil
1 pc(s) onions
400 g spaghetti
800 g tomato paste
1 pc egg
2 tbsps vinegar
1 tsp rosemary seasoning
2 tsps mustard powder
1 tsp dried ground pepper
1 tsp salt
1 pc chilli
1 tbsp cheese
- Firstly chop the onions, garlic, chilli and basil and set aside.
- Put the crackers in a towel and crush into fine powder. Put in a large bowl. Add the minced meat, mustard seed and rosemary to the bowl. Crack the egg into the bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Scrunch the mixture with clean hands until properly mixed. Roll into 24 meatballs and drizzle with little oil.. Put the meatballs in a tray and put in the fridge to firm up before frying. Alternatively fry immediately in 1 tablespoon of oil over medium heat for about 10 minutes and set aside. Ensure that the meatballs have no sign of pink when cut open.
- In a sauce, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and allow to heat for about 7 minutes until tender.
- Add the garlic and as they start to get color, add the chopped basil leaves, chilli, plum tomatoes, vinegar and season to taste. Stir and allow to boil. Reduce the heat add the fried meatballs to the sauce and allow to simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cook the pasta in a lightly salted water for about 10 minutes or until soft. Allow to drain in a sieve.
- Serve the cooked pasta with the meatball tomato sauce and sprinkle with finely grated cheese. Garnish with a piece of basil and enjoy.