Recipe – How to make Quinoa with Spiced Apples, Carrots &Onions.
The first time I had quinoa was at an event where a chef prepared quinoa Jollof. What I liked was that it came out together in minutes and the quinoa absorbed all the spices, yes all of them. That’s why I decided to lavish this meal with spice *winks*
Photo Credit: The Iron You
170 g quinoa
1 pc apple
1 pc onion
3 pcs carrots
2 cups water
1 tsp cardamoms
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 pc lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
5 pcs parsley
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and place a rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Combine ½ teaspoon of black pepper, ½ teaspoon of coriander, ½ teaspoon of chilli powder, ½ teaspoon cardamom and ¾ teaspoon of salt in a small bowl. Also, combine the apple (cored and chopped into 1-inch pieces), carrots (peeled, halved and chopped into 1-inch pieces), onions (thinly sliced) and 1½ tablespoons of oil in a 9 x 13-inch baking pan. Add the spice mixture and stir to combine.
3. Place the rinsed quinoa on an 8-inch baking sheet and spread evenly. Put the quinoa and vegetables in the oven.
4. Allow the quinoa to roast for about 7-8 minutes then remove from the oven. Pour the water (hot) on it and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Return the quinoa to the oven and cook for about 15-20 minutes until it uncoils look fluffy.
5. Remove the quinoa and fluff with a fork and recover with the foil and set aside. But continue to roast the vegetable while stirring occasionally. The vegetables are ready when the onions begin to caramelize and this should take about 30 minutes.
6. Once the vegetables are ready, uncover the quinoa and stir in the remaining salt, drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and sprinkle some lemon zest and parsley (chopped).
7. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Click here to get all the ingredients – https://goo.gl/QWmcga
For other recipes visit here