Our recipe of the week is Akara Waffles. It is a mouth watering, easy to prepare dish from the food master herself – Dunni Obata (aka Dooney’s kitchen). Dunni is a food enthusiast with the most amazing recipes, see the recipe for Akara Waffles below.
Need to keep up your protein diet? This is for you. Vegetarians will love it, without the crayfish of course. Vegans will also love it. You know who would love this the most? Kids!!!!! Create a lasting food memory.
- Peeled Beans
- Vegetable Oil
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Tatashe – red bell pepper
- Fried Pepper sauce for serving – optional
- The quantity of beans you need for this depends on the number of people you intend to feed.
- Blend the beans to a smooth puree. You can decide to add the onions and tatashe to the beans before blending. Make sure the consistency is thick.
- The traditional recipe for Akara calls for stirring the bean batter to aerate it. You can mix with a hand mixer.
- Stir in the crayfish and season with salt
- Heat up the waffle maker. Spray on oil, or you can dip a kitchen paper towel in oil and rub every usable surface
- Pour mixture into the waffle maker.
- Akara Waffles readdddddddddy!!!!
You can add the fried Pepper sauce for serving or any waffle topping of your choice- optional. It’s perfect for BREAKFAST!