Hi Mums! Our recipe of the week is “Potatorita and Pepper sauce”. Hmmm, I know you’d probably be thinking what is this one again. However, If you’re familiar with our Yamarita and pepper sauce then you’ll know exactly what Potatorita and pepper sauce is going to be like
It’s just Yamarita but with potatoes, sweet potatoes to be exact. Sounds interesting right! I know.
It is easy to prepare and delicious too. Who doesn’t love sweet potatoes? Enjoy
- 4-5 Large Potatoes
- 2-3 Eggs
- Half cup of flour
- Dried pepper (optional)
- Salt and Maggi
- Seasoning cube
- Red bell pepper (Tatashe)
- Scotch Bonnet (Ata Rodo)
- Crayfish (optional)
Method – Potatorita
- Wash, peel and cut the potatoes into rectangular shapes.
- Boil for just 5 minutes, this is so that the flour and egg can stick to the body. You don’t want to boil it for too long so that it isn’t too soft
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, add salt and seasoning to your desired taste and set aside.
- Mix the flour with dried pepper, add some seasoning spices as well and set aside.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan (enough oil that can deep fry the potatoes), when the oil is hot, take the potatoes and soak it in the beaten eggs .
- Once soaked remove from the egg and roll it properly in the flour and dried pepper mixture then put inside the hot oil.
- Do this same process to all the pieces of the potatoes and after frying, arrange them on a paper towel to remove excess oil
Method – Pepper Sauce
- Blend the pepper and onions(it doesn’t have to be extremely smooth) then boil the blended pepper so that the water can dry out.
- Heat up a little oil and fry the spices (crushed ginger, thyme, diced onions) then add the blended pepper. Season to your desired taste.
Potatorita and Pepper Sauce is ready!!! You can decide to serve with Grilled Fish or Chicken or enjoy it with the Pepper alone.
Try it and share how it comes out! Let us know if you prefer it to Yamarita.