Hi Mums! Our recipe of the week is How to make Breakfast Pizza. This recipe is not just nutritious, it’s easy to prepare as well. It is a wonderful addition to your breakfast options for the whole family. The importance of breakfast cannot be over emphasized.
You can modify this recipe in any way you like. If breakfast in your world (family) involves potatoes or plantain, you can add some boiled potato cubes or plantain pieces to this recipe. The more you tweak the recipe to your taste, the more likely you are to enjoy it. It is always better to adjust it to your taste.
We also have a recipe on How to make Plantain Pizza]
- 1 piece of Flat Bread
- 1/2 Red, Green, Yellow Bell pepper (Sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoons of seasoned Tomato Sauce (you can use left over stew)
- Two Eggs
- 1 Sausage
- 1/4 Red Onion
- 2 tablespoons of Cheddar Cheese (Grated)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon Parsley
[Recipe: How to make Moringa Iced Tea]
1. In a pan, heat up your butter on low heat. Place your flat bread in the pan and take off the heat till you assemble the pizza elements.
2. Smear the tomato sauce on the flat bread. Add your onions, bell peppers and sausages (sliced).
3. Put the pan back on the fire still on low heat.
4. Break your egg into a bowl and scoop one at a time onto the pizza ( I like my eggs sometimes slightly runny or medium so not all the way cooked). Season with salt, black pepper and seasoning cubes.
5. Cover the pan and allow the egg to set.
6. Sprinkle the cheese and parsley and allow to set.
7. Serve your breakfast pizza warm with a hot or cold beverage.