This recipe how to make moringa iced tea is prefect for your healthy goals this year.
I’m pretty sure that in previous years we endeavored to be better; eat better, exercise better, and might not have achieved it (happens to the best of us).
One way to improve our diets is to eat “clean.” Clean eating means avoiding processed foods, refined sugar, preservatives, artificial additives and sticking to whole foods such as vegetables, fruits, whole grains and healthy proteins and fats. You can also start your children on the healthy tip and cut out soda, by making them some Moringa Iced Tea.
Let’s start off the year by learning to make blended juices. Who’s excited? I sure am!!
This particular recipe is one I love because it is perfect for the mums looking to loose a little weight, cut out soda and be healthier. It is just the perfect amount of healthy for our little munchkins and of course, it is easy to make.
This week we bring you Moringa Iced tea taken from DooneysKitchen, Dunni is a food enthusiast with the most amazing recipes. For the benefit of our new readers, in the past we have had loads of exiting recipes from her kitchen.
How To Make Moringa Iced Tea
Dried Moringa Leaves
1. Measure out the quantity of dried leaves that you would like to make lets say a pot, depending on how strong it is. Add warm water. I read up that hot water kills nutrients in moringa, so it is best to use warm and let it steep for longer.
2. Halfway through steeping, roughly about 5 minutes, add lemon slices and ginger wedges and allow to steep some more.
3. Drain the tea, sweeten with honey.
4. Pour into a glass, add ice cubes and garnish with a slice of lemon and fresh Mint leaves.
5. You can make this in large quantities and chill
TIP- Remember not to make this with hot water. Use warm
Pciture: www.dooneyskitchen.com | Follow @DonneysKitchen
I believe Moringa shouldn’t be consumed by pregnant or nursing mothers. Please consult your doctor for confirmation. Rather than throw the leaves away after making a tea, you can blend the leaves into a smoothie. [READ: Some Tips To Maintain a Healthy Family]