Our recipe of the week is Fresh Plantain Fufu. There are different ways to enjoy plantain without frying it and this is one. This recipe is simply swallow made with plantain. Plantain is lower in calories and carbohydrate however it’s significantly higher in sugar than cassava.
If you are counting calories or on a low carb diet, plantain fufu is a much better option however if you are sugar sensitive, stick with cassava based fufu. Note that if you will prefer a darker color similar to Amala, simply freeze the fresh plantain before use.
- 1 large unripe plantain
- 2/3 cup water
Did you miss our recipe for last week? No worries, here is a recipe on Chicken Pot Pie. Enjoy!
1. Peel and cut the plantain into small pieces
2. Combine plantain and water in a blender. puree to a smooth paste
3. Pour the plantain puree into a pot, set on high heat
4. Stir the mixture with a spatula until the puree begin to cuddle. Reduce the heat to medium and continue to stir until you have a stretchy dough
5. Serve the fufu and set aside to cool (this will harden the fufu a little more)
6. Enjoy with your choice of soup
Download a meal timetable for the family.
LagosMums put together a meal timetable that helps you get an idea on how to incorporate healthy eating into your child’s timetable and for the whole family.