Our recipe of the week is Popcorn Chicken. Although the name might imply that you might blend popcorn with chicken. The name popcorn chicken just really stems from the shape of this delectable appetizer or small chops. These little tasty treats can be enjoyed with a spicy or sweet and sour sauce or just on it’s own. If you are expecting guests, these little simple appetizer will blow their minds. The kids will love it and If you are expecting guests, these little simple appetizer will blow their minds.
- 1 cup of chopped chicken breast
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs
- 2 seasoning cubes
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- Pinch of Salt
- Oil for deep frying
1. In a bowl, season the chopped chicken breast with one seasoning cube, ginger powder, black pepper, chili powder, and garlic and set aside.
2. Whisk your eggs and set aside.
3. Season your breadcrumbs with the seasoning cubes and divide into 2 equal portions and set aside.
4. In a blender or food processor, pour in your chicken breast, flour, 1 portion of breadcrumbs, and egg and blend till smooth.
5. Scrape into a bowl and mold into little balls using the extra breadcrumbs to properly coat it. The smaller the balls the better as the chicken would cook through better.
6. In a deep fryer or a huge pot of oil on medium heat, allow to heat but not be extra hot and dunk your popcorn chicken to fry till brown.
7. Serve hot.
Source – Afrolems