Our recipe of the week is Garden Egg Sauce. This sauce is quite easy to make, and it is a perfect accompaniment for boiled yam, plantain or rice. To avoid a bitter taste, it is advisable for you to use white or off-white garden eggs rather than the green ones. ( the green ones tend to be more bitter). Otherwise, it turns out really delicious!
If you want to add a twist to it, you can make it with Corned beef, see recipe here
- Garden eggs
- Fresh pepper
- Two fresh tomatoes
- Ginger and garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons of Vegetable oil or Red oil
- Maggi Naija pot.
1. Boil garden egg till it is soft and mash it or blend it. Put it aside
2. Mash or blend your tomatoes & pepper
3. Put your vegetable oil or red oil (whichever one you prefer) in a pot or pan
4. Add chopped onion, garlic and ginger
5. Stir till it is golden brown
6. Add your pepper and tomatoes and your fried fish,meat or chicken
7. Then you can now add your garden egg with Maggi Naija pot. You don’t have to put salt
8. Leave it for 2-3minutes
9. You can serve with rice,yam, plantain or bread.
Picture credit: 1qfoodplatter