I am Bimbo, a food enthusiast and will be sharing different recipes with you. Here I will share the recipe of how to make Yamarita and pepper sauce.
I am married to a wonderful husband and we have two lovely children, my passion is food and I love to see people eat not just food but healthy food.
My knack for food and healthy living made me explore and learn all about food. Eating food, yummy food can really play tricks on you. If you are not eating well and in the right proportion you can add some extra calories you do not want.
I look forward to taking you on an exciting adventure as I write articles about food recipes. I promise our readers exciting recipes that are easy to make and will tantalize their taste buds.
Our first recipe is Yamarita and Pepper Sauce and I will be giving you my personal twist on making the otherwise basic yam and pepper sauce. It has become a menu item in my house that my husband and children always request.
It is so easy to prepare, just follow the simple steps and you are on your way to enjoying the tantalizing dish of Yamarita and Pepper Sauce.
- 2-3 Eggs
- Half cup of flour
- Dried pepper (optional)
- Seasoning cube
- Red bell pepper (Tatashe)
- Scotch Bonnet (Ata Rodo)
- Crayfish (optional)
Method – Yamarita
- Cut the yam in rectangular shapes, wash and boil with salt and water. The water should not be too much so that the yam wouldn’t be too soft and break to pieces.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl, add salt and seasoning to your desired taste and set aside.
- Mix the flour with dried pepper, I like to add some seasoning spices as well and set aside.
- Check your yam by putting your fork in the yam. If it goes through then it’s soft enough, remove from the fire, drain the water and keep.
- Heat up some oil in a frying pan (enough oil that can deep fry the yam), when the oil is hot, take the yam and soak it in the beaten eggs and make sure it soaks in. Once soaked remove from the egg and roll it in the flour and dried pepper mixture (making sure the flour covers all the sides of the yam) then put inside the hot oil.
- Do this same process to all the pieces of the yam and after frying, arrange them on a paper towel to remove excess oil
Method – Pepper Sauce
- Blend the pepper and onions (I usually do not allow it to blend smoothly) then boil the blended pepper so that the water can dry out.
- Heat up a little oil and fry the spices (crushed ginger, thyme, diced onions) then add the blended pepper. Season to your desired taste.
Yamarita and Pepper Sauce is ready!!! You can decide to serve with Grilled Fish or Chicken or enjoy it with the Pepper alone.
Try it and share how it comes out!
Contributed by Abimbola Oki, Food enthusiast | [email protected] | @fabbimzy Photo Source: Dooneyrooney