Compliments of the season Mums! Our recipe of the week is Roasted Turkey and Cranberry Sauce from NDTV Food.
There are so many reasons to look forward to Christmas! Meeting with family and friends, sharing presents and so much more. But the most awaited part is the Christmas Feast. A dinner table lined with mouthwatering delicacies like turkey, chicken, vintage wines and cake is a treat we all look forward to.
This delicious roasted turkey with cranberry sauce is the perfect whole meal to gorge on this festive season with the family.
- Turkey: 1 whole
- Thyme: 10 gm
- Chopped fresh parsley: 10 gm
- Bay leaf: 1
- Salt and pepper
- Garlic minced: 10 gm
- Balsamic vinegar
- Sugar: 20 gm
- Cranberry: 150 gm
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, celery, sage, thyme and pepper, stirring occasionally until browned.
- Remove giblets and neck from the turkey cavity, keep for gravy.
- Rinse turkey inside and out with running water.
- Stir together butter, sage, salt and pepper.
- Rub over turkey, inside and out.
- Loosely pack stuffing into neck and body cavities, fold over and skewer neck flap closed over stuffing, tie legs together.
- Place turkey, breast side up on rack in roasting pan.
- Cover with foil and roast in 325°F oven for about 1.5 hours, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to roast or 1 1/2 hours, basting every half hour.
- Keep it under lamp for carving.
- In saucepan, bring chicken stock turkey neck, giblets, onion and bay leaf to boil, then reduce heat and simmer.
- Skim excess fat from roasting pan whisk in flour until well combined.
- Gradually whisk in reserved giblet stock, bring to boil and cook.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Strain and serve alongside turkey.
For Cranberry Sauce
– Heat oil over medium heat
– Stir in onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened
– Add balsamic vinegar and boil until reduced
– Mix together cranberries, sugar, salt and pepper
– Mix into onion mixture, bring to boil and cook until cranberries are tender and sauce is thick
– Serve the sauce beside turkey