Our recipe for this week is how to make Pepperoni Pizza. Pizza is such a delicious snack that is attractive and very filling. It is fun to make and can be topped with a variety of tasty toppings such as black olives, mushrooms, onions, green peppers,etc. This recipe shows how to make pizza topped with pepperoni. Pepperoni is a mixture of beef and pork seasoned with paprika or other chili peppers.
Pepperoni pizza is a hearty snack that can be prepared with the children under the supervision of an adult. It is best shared and eaten together as a family.
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Yeast
- A Pinch of Salt
- 140ml Warm Water
- 180g Strong Plain Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon of Dried Basil
- Pepperoni Slices
- 1 Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of Tomato Puree
- Grated Cheddar or Mozzarella
- 1 Chopped Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic sliced thinly
Pepperoni Pizza Base:
- Mix salt and yeast together in a jug with the water.
- Place flour in a bowl, make a well in the centre and add the water mixture along with the oil
- Use a wooden spoon to mix everything to create a wet dough
- Put on floured surface and knead for 5mins
- Place in a greased bowl and cover with a tea towel (or a napkin)
- Leave at room temperature to rise for 30mins (should double in size)
- Round into pizza base and stab with fork several times
Pepperoni Pizza Topping:
- Spread tomato puree over the base
- Add chopped tomatoes on top, then add onion and garlic
- Sprinkle the cheese over and arrange Pepperoni
- Season with salt and pepper and then sprinkle on the basil
- Place the pizza base on oiled baking sheets
- Add topping
- Cook at 200° for 20mins
Your pepperoni pizza is cooked and ready to serve. You can cut up the round pizza into triangular portions using a pizza cutter and serve with fresh fruit juice, yoghurt or ice-cream.
Source: BBC Good Food
See also How to Make Eggplant Sauce