Hi Mums! Our recipe of the week is Seafood Okra Gumbo. This recipe is not only mouth-watering but nutritious. Okra has amazing health benefits. It is a rich vegetable that has a high source of fibre, it lowers blood sugar, relieves constipation, lowers cholesterol, boosts immunity. It is also a filler-food that curbs hunger and keeps you from getting tired. This Seafood Okra Gumbo is a must have. Do we need to go on?
[Recipe: Carrot Stew]
- 8-10 pieces of Okra
- Fresh pepper
- 2 cloves of Ginger
- 1 bulb Onions
- 1/2 cup Palm oil
- Ugu leave
- 2 teaspoon Crayfish
1. Wash your Okra properly and chop it big
2. Wash your fish, cut it (you can use any type of fish that you want dry or flesh).
3. Grind your fresh pepper. Don’t use a blender so that it does not become too smooth, use mortar instead. Add in your crayfish and ginger and grind together.
4. Wash your prawns very well and add some seasoning to it. Ps- you need to remove the veins in your prawn to avoid it being sandy or crunchy
5. Wash your ugwu leave and cut it nicely too, just a small amount.
6. Put a cooking pan on fire add your red oil and leave it to get hot then add your onion & ginger.
7. Stir for a while and then add your prawns
8. Let it fry for a bit, add your pepper, mix it and add in your fish
9. Cover it for a few minutes.
10. Add salt to taste. Now you add your okra and ugwu leaf. Don’t cover again just stir and let it boil for 3-5 minutes to get that crunchy feel while you are eating it.
Enjoy your meal!