Hi Mums, our recipe this week is how to make Carrot Stew. It is a slight change from the norm. You cannot guess that this stew has any carrot in it because it looks just like the tomatoes and pepper stew that we usually make, just without the tomatoes. However, you have the benefit of your stew and the vitamin A that comes with Carrots. Did we mention how affordable carrots are now? So, Lagos Mums recreate this recipe at home and enjoy this delicious delicacy.
- Carrot 6-10 pcs medium sized
- Red pepper 5 pcs
- Red Capsicum (Tatase) 5 pcs
- Onions 1 big bulb
- Ginger ½ teaspoon minced
- Garlic 2 small bulb Garlic
- Curry powder ½ teaspoon
- Cray Fish ½ teaspoon
- Meat or Chicken 10-15 pieces
- Meat or Chicken Stock 1 cup
- Oil half cup/150ml
- Maggi Naija Pot seasoning cube to taste 2 cubes
- Lemon juice 1 Table spoon
- Peel and wash carrots.
- Place the carrots in a pot and parboil for about 3mins
- Wash thered capsicum/ tartase (the deseed it), red pepper, onions, ginger and garlic, add crayfish, curry powder and blend until the mixture is a smooth paste.
- Heat up pot and pour some oil into it.
- Add some sliced onions into it and fry the onions for about 2-3 minutes then add the blended paste and let the mixture fry for about 10
- Add meat or chicken stock along with meat/chicken.
- Add Maggi Naija Pot seasoning cube to taste
- Add in the lemon juice for that tangy feel (optional) and cook for a little longer.
Viola! Ready to be served. It goes well with rice, yam, plantains, infact any food you eat with stew. Enjoy!