Our recipe of the week is Yoodles and Egusi soup. This recipe is not just brilliant, but very fitfam aware too. You will eat less yam, automatically cutting down the calories from eating it boiled or pounded, and you will save yourself from the high calorific Egusi soup, because you will be consuming less soup.
This mouth watering and exciting recipe was gotten from the food master herself – Dunni Obata (aka Dooney’s kitchen). Dunni is a food enthusiast with the most amazing recipes.
In this recipe she redefines how you see Yam and Egusi Soup, with the most fun kitchen gadget ever- the Spirilizer. See the recipe for Yoodles and Egusi soup below.
The Yoodles and Egusi Soup recipe can be used as a menu item for different kinds of occasions (as you see fit).
It is easy to prepare, just follow the simple steps and you are on your way to enjoying the tantalising dish of Yoodles and Egusi Soup.
- Vegetable Oil
- Egusi Soup
1) Cut the Yam in a cylindrical shape and peel the skin off in long strokes.
2) Attach the Yam to the Spirilizer
3) Spirilize the Yam into Yoodles
4) Heat up the oil in a wok or frying pan and toss the Yoodles around until they start to look transparent
5) Shake the pan to transfer heat don’t stir the Yoodles too much so as not to break them down
6) Once the Yoodles are slightly cooked add spoonful’s worth of Egusi soup and continue tossing until the Yoodles absorb the colour and flavour of the Egusi soup. (Of course, you must have made a delicious pot of properly garnished pot of Egusi beforehand)
7) Serve with chopped pieces of meat or fish
8) The Simplest dinner in history! Enjoy
Follow @DonneysKitchen to get more exciting food recipes on the go.