Hi Mums and all the foodies in the house. Our Recipe of the week is Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl. After watching the meal preparation video on @buzzfeedtasty we could not help but use it as our recipe of the week. We particularly love it because it has the perfect balance of protein, vegetables and carbohydrate. It is a healthy chicken recipe and it looks oh so yummy, your family will love it. Even the “fitfam” will love it. Try it out and thank us later.
chicken fajita rice bowl For four servings
- Red bell pepper 1
- Yellow bell pepper 1
- White onion 1/2
- Large, boneless, skinless chicken breast 2
- Chicken stock 2 cups
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Rice 4 cups
- Avocado (optional) 1/2
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin 1/4 teaspoon
- Garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Paprika 1/2 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 400F(200C)
- In a bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder and paprika.
- Add sliced chicken, peppers and onions into a bowl and add the oil.
- Sprinkle seasoning on chicken, sliced bell peppers and onions. Mix together
- Put the rice in a baking tray/bowl, pour the chicken stock and add the seasoned chicken, bell peppers and onions
- Cover the baking tray/bowl with a foil paper
- Bake for 50 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F (75C)
- Serve with avocado slices (optional)
For more recipes visit our recipe category here