Hi Mums, our recipe of the week is Vegetable Bread Roll. Nothing can be as exciting as knowing that you can make something special out of your everyday ingredients? Here’s a step by step Indian vegetable bread roll recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 green chilly, minced
- 2 inch ginger, minced
- Turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup boil potatoes, mashed
- Juice of half lemon
- Salt to taste
- Bread slices (trim the edges) – I used white bread
- Water to seal the edges
- Oil to cook the bread
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Once hot, add mustard seeds and let it crack
- Add ginger, green chilly and turmeric powder and saute well
- Add the potatoes and saute for 3-5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add cilantro and lemon juice.
- Add salt to taste
Steps to Assemble the bread
- Trim the edges. Place a bread on the working surface. Using a rolling pin, gently roll out the bread to a flat rectangle. Work gently so it doesn’t stick to the surface.
- Turn the bread and gently roll out.
- Place the filling in the corner and roll them into a cigar. Seal the edges with water
- Cook the bread in a tawa with little oil
- Serve hot with ketchup or mint chutney
Source : Spices and Aroma