Our recipe for this week is the absolutely sumptuous Banga rice! It is one of the best Nigerian traditional meals that you would love to prepare and eat as a family this weekend. Made from an amazing combination of banga soup and rice to give a unique taste and enticing look to your meal. This is courtesy of Maggi, featuring the Maggi Naija Pot seasoning cubes to give a delicious bottom pot taste. We will also be showing you tips on how to make banga cream yourself! Follow the steps on how to make it.
- Banga Cream, 6 cups.
- Onion, 1 large bulb.
- Dried Pepper, 1 teaspoon.
- Fresh Lemon Grass.
- Chopped Meat (Beef or Chicken), 1 Cup.
- Rice, 3 cups.
- Maggi Naija Pot Seasoning Cubes.
- In a large pan, combine 6 cups of banga cream and 1 cup of water; 1 large bulb of onion; 1 teaspoon dried pepper; 5 Maggi cubes, and fresh lemongrass(if you like); and cook for 5 minutes
- Add 1 cup of chopped meat (beef or chicken) and 3 cups of washed rice. Stir well and cover with a lid.
- Cook on medium to low heat for 20-30 minutes until the rice is soft.
- Remove the lemongrass; and Serve!
Tip: How to make Banga Cream
- To make banga cream, boil fresh palm nuts in water.
- Once cooked, pound to soften the flesh and mix with warm water till it forms a rich liquid.
- Strain and use as you like.
Read Also [Recipe – How to make Banga Soup, Delta version]