Our recipe of the week is Classic Macaroni Salad. It is a classic pasta salad dish that is tossed with colorful veggies and covered in a rich and creamy dressing.
One thing to love about this easy macaroni salad recipe is that you can make it your own by swapping some of the ingredients with other ones you might prefer like; Cucumbers, Tomatoes (seeded), Diced baby dill pickles or sweet pickle relish, Peas or Cheese.
Did you miss our recipe for last week? No worries, here is a recipe on Corned Beef And Garden Egg Sauce. Enjoy!
- 8 oz . dry elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup Hellmann’s or Best Foods Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup fat free or low fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 steamed or hard boiled eggs , peeled and chopped
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup matchstick carrots , roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley
1. Cook macaroni in salted water according to directions on package (I added about 1/2 tbsp salt to the water).
2. Drain and rinse with cold water until completely cool.
3. Let drain very well.
4. In a medium mixing bowl stir together mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, vinegar, mustard, honey, and season with salt and pepper to taste (start with about 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper then add more salt after you’ve added the dressing to the pasta).
5. Add well drained macaroni to a large mixing bowl along with eggs, bell pepper, carrots, celery and onion (if you like to have some color over you salad, set aside some of the veggies to sprinkle over the top).
6. Pour dressing over top, add in parsley and toss mixture to evenly coat.
7. Serve or store in refrigerator up to 1 day.
Recipe source: Cooking Classy