Our Recipe this week is Pound Cake. Cake is one of those beautiful desserts that bring families together. During this era of The Corona virus, there are so many types of cakes and pastries you can make at home as sweets to go with your meals.
Try your hands on pound cakes during this lock-down with this pound cake recipe.
- 1 lbs of butter
- 1 lbs of sugar
- 1 lbs of flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 9 medium eggs
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- A pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon
For this cake, you will also need; A working oven, 1 medium or large mixing bowl and 1 9 inch baking pan or 3 foil/disposable pans. Also, It is advisable to have a portable electric hand mixer.
- Weigh out 1 pound of butter or margarine into a clean bowl (you can convert pounds to grams for ease).
- Weigh 1 pound of sugar into the same bowl and using the beating attachment, beat sugar and butter until sugar partially dissolves or is no longer visible.
- While sugar and butter are mixing, crack all 9 eggs into another medium sized bowl
- Mix the baking powder into the flour and stir gently with a fork till its thoroughly mixed.
- Add the nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Start to add the eggs to the sugar and butter, mix in 3 at a time. Beat with hand mixer till thoroughly mixed.
- Add the next 3 eggs and repeat egg beating.
- Then add the last 3 eggs.
- Once all eggs are incorporated, stop beating and start adding the flour, 2 soup spoons at a time. Mix in a clockwise direction. Keep adding flour till all mixed with sugar, egg and butter batter.
- While mixing the cake, turn oven on to regulo 150. Never never bake in a cold oven!
- Grease your pan with a bit of melted butter or margarine.
- Pour batter in pan to about 2 inches (we must leave room for the cake to rise).
- Place cake pan with batter in the oven and check after 30 minutes to ensure it is rising. Do this check quickly and try not to leave the oven open for too long (the cake loses volume and will fall).
Your beautiful cake should he ready in about 50 minutes.
Contributed by @Rosalitasfood
For other recipes, check out how to make Banana Pancakes.