Sweet potato is one of those vegetables that fit into so many uses and here we are with a sweet potato biscuit in hand! This will be perfect for breakfast and as a snack. The kids will cheer you up when making this because sweet potato is sweet anytime.
You Might Also Like [5 Easy Foods that help Prevent Depression in Children]
200 g all-purpose flour
6 tbsp butter
4 tbsp baking powder
2 tbsp sugar
4 tbsp full cream milk
1 tsp salt
4 pcs sweet potato
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray the baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside. In a bowl, Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and ½ teaspoon of salt then set aside.
- Mash the sweet potato (boiled) using a potato masher in a large bowl, ensure the mashed potato fills 1 cup. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and continue to mash until the butter dissolves in the potato.
- Add the flour mixture to the potato mixture and mix thoroughly until a dough is formed. Add milk, a tablespoon at a time until all the ingredients adhere.
- Turn the dough on a floured board and knead lightly for about 2-3 minutes until the dough becomes smooth. Roll the dough out to 1 inch thickness and cut the dough with a biscuit cutter.
- Transfer the cut dough on the baking sheet and brush the top and side of each of them with the remaining butter (melted).
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until done. Brush with remaining melted butter.