Happy New Year Mums! I hope you all had an awesome festive season with family and friends! Just in case you’re tired from all the Christmas and New Year cookings and wondering what to do with the leftover meat or turkey… we have got you covered with this super simple, super tasty and ready in under 60 minutes Turkey Stew from Jennie’O. It’s chock full of veggies too and with bone-in turkey pot roast.
It’s still the season for Turkey! And basically the best comfort food.
- Canola oil
- Diced onion
- Chopped carrot
- Diced celery
- Green pepper
- Chopped potato
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- Freshly ground pepper
- Chicken broth
- 2½ pounds Roasted Turkey, cut into pieces
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrot, celery and green pepper.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add potato, sage, thyme, pepper and broth.
- Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until potato is cooked.
- Stir in turkey and cook 5 minutes or until hot.
- Your delicious Turkey Stew is Ready! Easy right?
- Serve with rice, pasta, plantain, yam, bread! Whatever you desire!