Hello mums! Our recipe of the week is – Plantain Moi-Moi – because plantain is for happy people and we cannot say “No” to it this summer. In addition to that, it is absolutely delicious no matter how you eat it (boiled, fried, grilled, plantain Akara, plantain Frittata, pizza, etc!)
This is an excellent healthy recipe as it contains Moi Moi batter – from beans- and ripe plantain. You can try it as a new twist for your family mealtime or your party menu. We recently did a recipe on how to make party jollof rice. Also, we have different recipes for stews, soups, sauces, and some homemade snacks on the lagosmums.com.
Got some left-over Moi-Moi batter and some really ripe plantain? Lets put it to good use.
Note that to create this wonderful meal there are few factors we need to take into consideration:
1. Baking: This recipe requires some baking activity
2. Chicken Moi-Moi: Yes, chicken Moi-Moi batter is a preference to bring out the yummy taste intended for this recipe.
3. Ripe Plantain: This is a must. Plantain has to be ripe.
- Vegetable oil
- Ripe plantain
- Moi-Moi batter
- Peel your ripe plantain using a sharp knife or fries cutter.
- Cut your plantain into circular strips (fries)
- Preheat vegetable oil to 375 degrees
- Fry your plantain for 4 minutes or until they are golden brown
- Place on paper towels and sprinkle with salt
- Place your leftover Moi-Moi batter in the pan
- Use a spoon to set properly such that it covers up the pan base
- Layer the top with the fried ripe plantain
- Allow baking for 45 minutes
Leave to rest covered for 10 minutes before serving. Cut up and enjoy it.
Eating the Moi-Moi with plantain feels like eating beans and plantain. Try it and let us know what you think.