Hi Mums, Our recipe of the week is Sweet grilled corn and corn cupcake. The corn season is currently in full swing and these recipes allow us enjoy corn in different yummy ways.
They can be eaten as desserts, accompaniments or put in the children’s lunch boxes as healthy snacks to school. Enjoy!
Sweet Grilled Corn Recipe
In order to prepare this sweet grilled corn the proper way, soak it overnight prior to cooking. Also make sure you have plenty of butter or margarine.
For 4 people (the number of corns you use depends on the number of people you will serve and the amount to be served)
- 4 corn
- 1/4 cup(s) unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
Spread the butter on the corn and sprinkle with the pepper. Wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil and grill until done, about 15 minutes, turning frequently.
Corn Cupcake Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 12 cupcakes)
- 5 medium sized fresh corn or 1.5 cups of Cornmeal
- 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour
- ¾ cups of Sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 cup of milk (Coconut milk or whole milk)
- Pinch of salt
- Topping- 2 tablespoons of honey (optional)
- If you’re using fresh corn, Peel off the kernnels from the corn, wash and grind into a thick paste. (If not, starr directly from no 2)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs and add the other wet ingredients and mix.
- Preheat your oven to 400 F and grease your pan with oil or melted butter.
- Combine your wet and dry ingredients. Mix till everything is incorporated and smooth.
- With an ice-cream scoop or a regular spoon, scoop the mixture into your greased baking pan and bake for 15 -18 minutes.
Drizzle honey over the cupcakes and serve warm.