Hi Mums, our recipe this week is Veggie stir fry omelette, a hearty egg dish full of delicious vegetables. It’s a lovely way to eat your balanced diet at a go. It’s also a lovely way to get your children to eat their vegetables.( a mum’s constant battle).
This recipe is from the food master herself – Dunni Obata (aka Dooney’s kitchen). Dunni is a food enthusiast with the most amazing recipes. You can have this for breakfast, quick lunch or a stress-free dinner. In fact, serve this for breakfast tomorrow!
- Thinly sliced mix veg – your choice of veg
- Chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon Ata Lilo(blended pepper)
- 1 tsp dry pepper (cayenne pepper) or Suya Pepper
- Vegetable oil or butter
- 3 – 4 eggs
- Salt to taste
- Stock cube – optional
P.S. You can bulk it up with mackerel, sausagesetc
- Use a food processor or sharp knife to slice your veg thinly, or simply buy a pack of veg stir fry
- Chop onions and lightly saute in a pan with vegetable oil or butter
- Add in the fresh ata lilo and fry for a bit
- Mix in the fresh veg, add salt and/or stock cube, dry pepper (cayenne pepper) or Yaji (suya pepper) and stir till the veggies wilt and take on flavour
*Dooney’s Kitchen Tip: you need the veg to wilt a little, not totally cook through as they should still have some crunch to them.
- Whisk eggs in a bowl till fluffy, season with salt and/or stock cube, add to the pan, and lightly move the pan in a circular motion to spread the eggs.
- Reduce the heat, and cover the frying pan, to allow the eggs cook slowly. *Dooney’s Kitchen Tip: covering the pan will allow steam to cook the top of the eggs, while the bottom cooks through, giving you moist eggs. The operative term here being moist, and not runny. Unless you like runny eggs.
- Take it off the heat and serve.
You can choose to serve it flipped over. Enjoy!