Pineapple juice is high in vitamin C which is good for your skin. It is the best vitamin for people with sensitive or inflamed skin. Pineapple juice also contains vitamin A, which has the ability to reduce inflammation and also act as a natural anti-fungal and antibacterial. Both Vitamin A and Vitamin C have been shown to help fight some of the signs of aging including fine lines, wrinkles, uneven skin tone, sun damage etc. It contains an enzyme called papain that stimulates the replacement of old skin cells with fresh new ones.
Antioxidants are extremely important for people with acne, and pineapple juice has that in abundance. These natural antioxidants can help to lighten and even out skin tone while helping to prevent bacterial infection.
Who doesn’t love a rich, moisturizing body scrub that leaves your skin soft and refreshed with an amazing fruity fragrance that is energizing. Pineapple Peel Body Scrub is relaxing enough to make you feel like you’ve stepped into a luxury spa.
DIY Pineapple Peel Body Scrub Recipe
- Pineapple Peels with ¼” of Fresh Pineapple, cut into 3 to 4 inch Wide cubes
- Sprinkle the inside of the pineapple with sugar.
- Gently scrub your skin with the inside of the pineapple peel just like you’d use a washcloth. It will feed your skin with vitamins and gently exfoliate. (Use the inner part of the peel, not the outside which would be too harsh on your skin)
- Rinse well after treatment, use weekly.
If there’s any remaining pineapple peel that you’ve not added sugar on, you can store in the refrigerator to use another time.
1. Do not use on your face, as will be to harsh.
2. Before every use, DO A PATCH TEST to check for any skin reaction. Use the body scrub on one part of your skin and wait for a few minutes to check for any reactions.