Our recipe for this week is baked peppered fish. This is the definition of deliciousness! We prepared the pepper sauce first, stuffed it into the fish and then baked it. This is the new way to make peppered fish. Try it out with the family this weekend to get that spicy feeling going! Enjoy with side of choice; here are the ingredients and method.
Did you miss out on our spicy grilled chicken recipe for last-week? No worries, see recipe here!
- Red Snapper.
- Tomatoes, 4 Pcs.
- Turmeric Powder, 1 Tbsp.
- Salt, 1 Tbsp.
- Lemon, 2 Pcs.
- Small Onions, 2 Pcs.
- Vegetable Oil, 1 Cup.
- Green Pepper, 1 Pc.
- Curry Leaves, 1 Bunch.
- Black pepper, 3 Tsp.
- Cumin powder, 1 Tsp.
- Ground coriander, 2 Tsp.
- Mint leaves, 1 Bunch.
- Garlic, 3 Pcs.
- Ginger, 1 Pcs.
- Ata rodo, 4 Pcs..
So then, how do you prepare this delicious peppered fish?
Here we go…
- First, preheat oven to 220 Degrees
- Clean the fish and make openings on the sides and also on top. Chop tomatoes, onions, garlic, ginger and pepper. Set aside.
- Mix lemon juice and turmeric to a paste. Spread this all over and inside the fish and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in onions and cook till slightly brown. Put in chopped ginger, garlic, curry leaves and Cameroon pepper and cook for about a minute.
- Add in all the spice powders and mix well
- Put the diced tomatoes and pepper, salt and cook till the tomatoes well cooked.
- Add in coriander powder and mint leaves. Stir fry
- Line a foil and spoon some pepper sauce on the bottom. Lay the fish in, spoon some sauce into the fish and on top the fish.
- Lay tomato slices over this. Cover and bake this for 30 to 35 mins
- Remove and serve hot.