Today we share a recipe for making coconut quinoa.
Quinoa is gaining increasing popularity as a super food. So why is quinoa so popular? It is a complete protein and gluten-free. It is also a nice addition to your general diet if you just want to add an interesting twist and it is a grain. Making quinoa is about as simple as making rice. We love this post on Cosmpolitan.Ng that shares three ways to make quinoa, give it a try this weekend.
Recipe for Coconut Quinoa
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1½ cups of quinoa
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- Choice of vegetables – carrots, onions, green peppers diced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add quinoa and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown, stirring often.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and 1½ cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the liquid is evaporated, and the quinoa is tender.
- Add your choice of vegetables (carrots, green peppers and onions) and stir fry for a few minutes
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy!
For the other recipes and options to make quinoa for the family see the full post on Cosmopolitan.Ng .