Today we share a recipe for making coconut quinoa; it is an awesome recipe to enjoy with the family this weekend. Quinoa is gaining increasing popularity as a super food. So why is quinoa so popular? It is a complete protein and gluten-free. It is also a nice addition to your general diet if you just want to add an interesting twist and it is a grain. Making quinoa is about as simple as making rice. We love this post on Cosmpolitan that shares three ways to make quinoa, give it a try this weekend.
Did you miss our recipe for last week? No worries, here is a recipe on How to make Edikaikong Soup . Enjoy!
- 1 tbsp. of coconut oil
- 1½ cups of quinoa
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- Choice of vegetables – carrots, onions, green peppers diced
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add quinoa and cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown, stirring often.
- Add the coconut milk, salt and 1½ cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the liquid is evaporated, and the quinoa is tender.
- Add your choice of vegetables (carrots, green peppers and onions) and stir fry for a few minutes
- Fluff with a fork and enjoy your coconut quinoa!
There are more quinoa recipes to make. Visit Cosmopolitan for more